LaSalle Park Pentecostal Church was conceived in the heart of the pastor and the congregation of Kingston Gospel Temple in cooperation with the Eastern Ontario and Quebec District. The official opening of LPPC was on Sunday, September 5, 1976 with 125 in attendance for the inaugural service. Reverend Keith Gonyou was the first pastor of the assembly which was located on 342 McEwen Drive in the LaSalle Park and Henderson Park area of Kingston Township.
“Heart to Heart”, the weekly radio ministry of LaSalle Park Pentecostal Church was launched in March 1983.
LaSalle Park Pentecostal Church was renamed City Christian Centre in 1988.
The property on 342 McEwen Drive was sold on January 3, 1992 due to the growth of the congregation. City Christian Centre relocated to Lancaster Drive Public School at 1020 Lancaster Drive in Kingston Township.
With a 100% vote, CCC purchased the property at the corner of Woodbine and Collins Bay Roads on December 23, 1994. Construction on the new facility began on July 26, 1996. The first service in the new location 1287 Woodbine Road was held on Sunday, February 9, 1997. CCC paid the mortgage off in the winter of 2014. Praise the Lord!
City Christian Centre is a community of believers called of God to be part of the Body of Christ. That which makes us a community is the "common-unity" that we possess in Christ Jesus. It is the purpose of this assembly to be an "inviting" and "including" body; a place where people can find grace and forgiveness through the authority of the cross in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Senior Pastors who have served our congregation:
1976-1977 Rev. Keith Gonyou
1977-1981 Rev. Wayne Parks
1981-1984 Rev. Colin Cleugh
1984-1986 Rev. Dennis Hillis
1986-1988 Rev. Ken Scott
1988-1999 Rev. David Moran
1999-2003 Rev. David Silver
2004-2013 Rev. Job Priddle
2013- Rev. Stephen Heathcock